Roasted Broccoli with Beer Cheese Sauce
From The Beeroness
- 2 tbs butter
- 3 tbs flour
- 2 tbs corn starch
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 12 oz pale ale
- 8 wt oz cheddar cheese (not pre shredded)
- 3 lbs broccoli florets, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3-4 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp kosher salt
For the Beer Cheese Sauce
For the Broccoli:
- In a pot over medium heat melt the butter.
- Sprinkle with flour and cornstarch, whisk until thickened. Cook, whisking continually for three minutes. Slowly whisk in the milk and the beer, stirring to make sure no lumps remain.
- About ¼ cup at a time, add the cheese, whisking between addition until the cheese has completely melted. Make sure to adjust heat to make sure it does not boil.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Add the broccoli to a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic and salt. Toss to coat.
- Roast at 400 for 10-15 minutes until fork tender and edges have started to crisp.
- Serve with cheese sauce on the side or drizzled on top.
For more Great Recipes Idea’s