Recipe Ideas: Country Chicken & Mushrooms with Highlands Gaelic Ale
Makes 2 servings :
– Two 11.2 oz bottles of Highland Gaelic Ale
– 1 chicken
– 3 shallots
– 1 pound of mushrooms
– 1/4 pound of chantarelle mushrooms
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 3 oz. cream
– 8 potatoes medium size
– salt, pepper and rosemary
How to prepare:
– clean, rinse and dry the mushrooms and the chantarelles clean, peel and chop the shallots and the garlic wash the potatoes, don’t peel.
– best is an earthenware pot, or an iron pot will also do. Rub the salt, the pepper and the spices on the chicken.
Put the chicken first in the pot, then the shallots, the garlic, the mushrooms, the chantarelles. Add the beer, and the potatoes.
Put cover on top of pot, and cook in the oven on 400 degrees for about 2 hours, starting cold.
– take chicken out, cut in pieces and arrange on tray. Arrange potatoes and mushrooms around the pieces of chicken.
– keep that plate with the chicken warm, while you thicken the sauce in the cooking pot by adding the cream.
Serve the chicken with the mushrooms and potatoes on the tray, the sauce in a sauce-boat. Serve a cold Highlands Gaelic Ale in a glass for you and your guest.
Main Street Produce
100 NE Main Street
Littleton, North Carolina 27850
Your Gateway to Lake Gaston